Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

We Have Arrived!

Yes! In a FERRARI :D Bobbi's Pole Studio's first-ever show in Malaysia on Saturday March 13 at the KL Convention Centre.
The grand ballroom was beautifully decked out and Ferrari owners came together from all over the region to fill those hot seats in support of their club's 1st Royal Charity Gala. If there was one word to describe it, it'd be 'high-octane'.

Bobbi, Kim and I was the opening act. And we opened the night with Bobbi and Kim driven to their stages IN A FERRARI :D Now how cool is that....
And then we got a bidder who contributed RM15,000.00 to charity in exchange for a dinner party for ten at NEO and a pole performance by Bobbi's Pole Studio Australia. Great start of the journey for Bobbi's Pole Malaysia, great exposure, great entertainment for Ferrari's audience and super great fun for us!


What an incredible experience for me! Kim arrived a day before Bobbi and so we had one night and one full day to rehearse and jam together, before show day. I had such a blast with Kim. She's an amazing performer. A showstopper with an insanely ripped physique to die for. Her trait is this perpetual beautiful smile she wears, even when she speaks - if you haven't noticed already.. Something I should do more often aiy...? Kim's FOREVER camera-ready.
Bobbi had choreographed a beautiful flowy routine which we were to dance in sync. And I, could not have been more flattered to do it in Felix's costume!!!!!! You know, Felix Cane the World Pole Champ.... Gosh what a crazy crazy impossible act to follow!!!
Hahahah!! When I first put it on, my first reaction was 'Hey we're the same size!' I know I'm such a dork... Then fear set in. Ants in my knickers. I was so overwhelmed by the whole idea of dancing next to Bobbi and Kim, the anxiety would've been just as intense if it was Madonna.
Right away, I felt myself shrink 10 inches shorter and grew a 100% fatter. I was zonged out for the entire week working on my shit and then now nit-picking and beating myself up for not having perfected it enough.Most people don't get it. There're many pole dancers in the world who are dancing for that personal achievement, contrary to common belief, that we only dance for men. That's totally misunderstood...an absurd presumption and an awfully judgmental conclusion to draw. I personally would perform at any given chance, only because I wanna better my skills and gain more stage intelligence. All dancers need an outlet as do other forms of work. Be fair.

Sorry Bobbi, cold hard evidence of my imperfections here..... and here :P

Caught in the act by Federico hehehee...damn it!....I see it now.... I see what you mean Bobbi. Gotta break that. For those who don't know Bobbi and Kim, I tell you, they're such troopers. They're such generous professional artistes who don't hold back their will to share. When they teach, they give you all.
What I love most is the nit-picking. To me, nit-picking is the utmost vital part of a learning process, one too important to dislike. Because in performance, everything is in the details - small things make a big difference. Not many teachers are observant enough (yes, that's a gift too) or even not bothered enough to nit-pick a student's flaws unless they really care. So thanks for zooming-in on my imperfections Bobbi. Trust me, I DO love it. It's what I do to myself anyway.
I'm so very blessed for this priceless opportunity to work with such an amazing bunch who in my eyes and the eyes of many many others who respect and revere them, is the best on the world.
I believe it's fate.... the law of attraction that Bobbi's Pole Studio Malaysia came together in the first place. The unstoppable fact that I'm now 'married' to Bobbi plus her entire powerhouse family :D It's fate.

It's gonna be a life-long journey... a pink one, stuck with the best :D This marks me being the official BOBBI'S GIRL and in a more serious tone, this marks the beginning of something greater than the dream itself. And I can't be happier. I'm at total peace.

Bobbi's Pole Studio Malaysia will launch in KL in May 2010. Enrol your classes with me at anytime before April. Our timetable is still in the working but should be ready very soon. So is the studio!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting pole and lap dance classes along with flexibility classes available 7 days a week. Bobbi is trained in all forms of Cabaret and has developed a unique technique for pole dancing which she brought to Australia since 1998. I'm the chief (:D) of Bobbi's Pole Malaysia, teaching together with another Bobbi's Girl named Summer in KL, offering all Malaysian women a sensational new way to women's fitness and emotional well-being, where you build super core strength and lean muscles as you learn the sensual side of yourself. And the best thing is, you'll have so much fun doing it, I promise!!!!

No comments: